We can customize your itinerary to include additional days in Bangkok. Here is a small sample of activities that we offer on a half or full-day basis.
- Culinary tour
- Floating Markets
- Off the Beaten track Bangkok (choose neighborhoods around the city to explore, for example Baan Baat, the last remains of what used to be a village specializing in making monks’ bowls. There are 5 families living in this small neighborhood still making the bowls by hand in the traditional manner, although they mostly sell to tourists now (most monks buy the cheaper machine-made bowls.)
- Explore food markets, an explosion of colors and smells and Thai life
- Take a 10-minute boat ride to Bang Krachao, also known as the “green lungs” of Bangkok, where you can explore the wild in the center of the city on foot or bike.
- Canal tours
- Cooking, Thai boxing, and yoga classes
- Cook with Jum and her children: our Bangkok coordinator will take you to her home where you can plan a menu together and learn to cook traditional dishes.
FULL DAY TOURS OUTSIDE OF BANGKOK:
- One day (or two days/one night) to Kanchanaburi, the site of the Bridge over the River Kwai.
- Day trip to Ayuthayya, ancient capital of Thailand
- Day trip to Lopburi if you dare! A town overrun by monkeys
If you are interested in additional tours within or outside of Bangkok, a more extensive list of options is available upon request.
PRICES: ADDITIONAL DAYS IN BANGKOK:
- 4 to a room: $100/person per day
- 3 to a room: $125/person per day
- 2 to a room: $150/person per day
Charges include hotel suite (studio, 1- or 2-bedroom, depending on size of group) with breakfast and the services of our Bangkok Coordinator to assist with all questions and arrangements.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39955682-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);